These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Quirky Coffee Co. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Quirky Coffee Co and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Quirky Coffee Co and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Quirky Coffee Co, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Quirky Coffee Co.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Quirky Coffee Co or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Quirky Coffee Co makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Quirky Coffee Co is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Quirky Coffee Co uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Quirky Coffee Co accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Quirky Coffee Co reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Quirky Coffee Co accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Price and Payment of Goods
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Prices and charges include VAT where applicable and at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
- All our products are supplied under these Terms & Conditions and are not for resale by any means.
- We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
- If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any orders outside of England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Island, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and/or redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Cancellation Rights and Guarantees
- Quirky Coffee Co offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with any product that you have purchased from our website you can cancel your contract within 14 working days, the 14-working day cancellation period begins the day after the goods are received by you, for a full refund. A full refund will include the initial postage and packing charges (if a premium delivery services was chosen with your initial purchase, only the standard delivery charge will be refunded). All refunds will be refunded within 7 working days of the goods being received by us. Please ensure goods are returned to us with your proof of postage.
- Your item cannot be refunded if not in as new condition i.e. the bag has been broken in anyway, the product has been removed from the packaging or if the item has been customised/personalised in any way i.e. ground to your request or a customised blend.
- If for any reason an item ordered has not be delivered, you must notify us within 14 days of the dispatch of your email receipt.
- If you have a received any promotional item with your purchase please ensure that this is also returned when you are requesting a refund.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Please note that some coffees may contain or have traces of nuts and/or nut oils or may have been processed alongside other products containing nuts or nut oils. Quirky Coffee Co cannot be held responsible for any issues resulting from food allergies.
Promotional codes are allocated by Quirky Coffee Co or by an authorised third party.
The Quirky Coffee Promotional Codes entered may apply a discount, a special offer, free gift or other. Please refer to the offer terms which were advertised for full details.
Promotional Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or Codes issued by Quirky Coffee Co or an authorised third party unless stated otherwise.
Promotional Codes can only be used by residents of the UK unless stated otherwise.
Discounts or other offers will be applied at the checkout once the correct Code has been entered into the relevant box.
Promotional Codes do not apply to postage and delivery charges.
Promotional Codes must be entered during the checkout process as discounts cannot be applied or refunded once an order has been processed.
If you encounter any problems with entering a promotional code or activating a special offer, please contact us via email on email@example.com. We are always here to help.
Quirky Coffee Co details
- Quirky Coffee Co operates this website.
You can contact Quirky Coffee Co by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking time to read our Terms & Conditions
The Quirky Team
Quirky Points Terms
Please read these terms carefully before using this Scheme. These terms apply exclusively to your use of the Scheme, and by opting into the Scheme, you are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted these terms. If you have any questions about the points process or these terms, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- How does it work? This is a points accrual scheme. It is available to account holders. You can only be eligible for the scheme if you hold a valid individual online account with us on our website.
Your Quirky Points operate effectively as accumulation vouchers that are exchangeable only for the items listed in section 4 – they cannot be exchanged for cash or “cashed out” at any time.
- How much is the scheme worth? Generally, each £1 you spend with us is worth 1 Quirky Point. However, there are other limited circumstances where you can accrue additional or “bonus” Quirky Points, listed in section 3.
Where you spend less than a £1 (or relevant £), the balance (in pennies) is not rounded up; it is rounded to the nearest integer. Eg:, £7.49 would be rounded to 7 points. £7.55 would be rounded to 8 points.
- How can I get Quirky Points? You can gain Quirky Points through the following Qualifying Purchases:
- Create an account on our website with us (50 Quirky Points).
- Purchase any item through your account on our website (see section 2).
- Accruing Quirky Points does not grant you any vested rights or guarantee the continued availability of further Quirky Points.
- Verified purchasers who review our products also get 50 Quirky Points.
- What can I use the Quirky Points for? You can use your Quirky Points for only all coffee products and gift cards.
- Do I have to opt-in? No, you will be automatically enrolled into the Scheme when you register for your account with us. You can opt out of the Scheme at any time if you wish – just let us know through the contact details provided. When you leave the Scheme, you will forfeit all accrued Quirky Points.
- How can I use my Quirky Points? When you acquire enough Quirky Points, an Apply Discount button will appear on the checkout page. Press this to use Quirky Points.
- What restrictions apply to me? Quirky Points are personal to you and your account: you cannot transfer them to anyone else.
- Do my points expire? No. Unlike other speciality coffee sellers, Quirky Points never expire.
- Can we change these terms, suspend or withdraw the scheme? Yes, we can change the terms applicable to this scheme anytime. Where we do that, we may notify you through your account or the email address registered with that account, or the relevant change(s) will be updated on this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure you understand the terms for using the Scheme.
We can also withdraw or suspend the Scheme for any reason. This can apply on a general basis or to your account only if we reasonably consider that you have, or may, breach the terms applicable to the Scheme. In these circumstances, we may also close or suspend your account (on a temporary or permanent basis).
Where the Scheme is withdrawn, or your account is closed at any time, any accrued but unused Quirky Points are forfeited.
- What do the terms mean? In these terms:
- “Quirky Point” refers to a point accrued in connection with the Scheme;
- “Qualifying Purchase” refers to a fully paid purchase through your account on our website; and
- “Purchase Date” is the date on which we confirm your purchase.
By participating in the Quirky Coffee Company Loyalty and Referral Scheme, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. Please remember to keep your account information current and continue to enjoy the benefits of the Scheme. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once logged in, you can see your points on your “My Account” page.